Please be aware of the warning regarding the current pandemic of COVID 19. The following steps are implemented in our office for your safety. Please follow them carefully.
If you are experiencing fever, chills runny nose, coughing , flu like symptoms or travelled to any international destinations or come in close contact with a sick person, especially if they had a fever, cough or difficulty breathing during the last 14 days, please stay home and call our office to reschedule your appointment. You are also encouraged to call 811 help line for advice.
If you are coming to see one of our doctors for appointment, patient only is allowed to enter the clinic space. Your accompanying family member could drop you off and pick you up when your visit is completed.
There is a warning sign once patients come out of the elevator on the name panel and another sign at the glass door entrance to our clinic. This sign is alert our patients to report to the staff any signs of fever, coughing or any other flu symptoms. If the patient report any of these symptoms she will be directed to wait in room 12 from the main corridor and not to enter the clinic.
1. We will be informing all the patients to come by their own and no accompanying children or adult with them. Patient who cannot drive, should be dropped of and call for pick up when finished, or can have their driver or companion waiting in the car until she is seen in the office. This will reduce the congestion at the waiting area.
2. We will also advice any patient above the age of 70 to stay home and to reschedule her appointment to a later date unless it is so urgent.
3. We will work with Plexia to change the e-confirm message to include the above.
4. We will suspend filling any forms by the patients as the transmission from using the pens could be reduced. Forms such as the doctor’s questionnaire will not be handed to the patients.
5. Please refrain from handing the patients any brochures or material to take home and all the brochures and magazines will be removed from the selves
6. The staff will start cleaning surfaces every hour with antiseptic.
7. There is hand satisfier distrusted throughout the clinic which you are encouraged to use. We have ordered the touchless ones however, everything on a backorder so far.
8. For the gynecological follow up patients and for the postpartum patients, we encourage you to use telehealth and keep the patients at home. Anyone interested in telehealth please let us know and we will help you how to set it up.
9. Urine testing will be suspended from being used to the entire clinic until further notice.
10. Please do not offer testing for Covid 19 to our patients unless they have the symptoms describes in the guidelines and they do not have a GP to do it.
11. Please consider reducing the follow up visits for the low risk pregnancy to reduce the exposure as much as possible.
12. The following links are useful for more information:
BCCDC COVID-19 for the Public
BCCDC COVID-19 for Health Care Professionals
HealthLink BC 8-1-1